For the safety of our guests, staff, and our Panamanian community we require all guests and staff to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
In addition to our vaccination policy:
- Bocas Bali is on a private island.
- Villas are spaced far apart.
- Our 8,000-square-foot clubhouse is open air.
- We have a half-mile of 10-foot-wide boardwalks.
- The Elephant House, our over-the-water restaurant, is open air.
- We are limited to 14 guests staying with us at one time.
Bocas Bali’s Cleaning Procedures
- Alcohol for hand sanitation is available in guest rooms and all common areas.
- All meals in the restaurants are served a la carte — no buffets.
- Restaurant seating is safely distanced.
- During food preparation, we use separate utensils for raw versus cooked meat.
- Surveys are conducted on all food and beverage vendors to ensure excellent safety practices.
- Local vendors are used when possible to reduce product handling.
- Bars are void of all objects and products that guests can touch.
- Touchable surfaces are disinfected daily.
- Frequently used surfaces, like doorknobs, are disinfected multiple times per day.
- Staff use masks and gloves where appropriate.
- Masks and gloves are available for guests by request.
- Housekeeping wears gloves during the cleaning process.
- All surfaces in guest rooms are disinfected daily.
- A fogger thoroughly disinfects rooms between guest visits.
- All linens are washed in hot water with eco-friendly detergents.
- In common areas, fans and air conditioners keep fresh air circulating.
- No cash is accepted, only credit and debit cards for hygienic purposes.
- Employees must wash their hands often and are encouraged to avoid touching their faces.
- Employees are educated on proper hygiene and safety.
- Employees are questioned about their health daily.
- Additional safety and hygiene information is available for guests.
Panama is a Safe Place to Vacation
We base our safety assessment on the U.S. Government ratings, which assesses travel safety for every country in the world. The U.S. government continually updates this information. As Coronavirus cases ebb and flow in Panama and around the world the U.S. Government continually changes these ratings based on perceived Coronavirus risk.
- Panama has the best rating the U.S. government gives, which is “white.” *
- Panama is the safest country in Central America. *
- According to the U.S. report, Panama is safer than the UK, Italy, and Spain. *
- Panama is located in a hurricane-free zone.
* These ratings are pre-coronavirus. The U.S. government generally recommends against all international travel during the coronavirus. It is up to the individual traveler to determine their level of coronavirus risk tolerance by country.